Is it really possible for me to improve my presentation skills via an online course?
The phrase “presentation skills” covers a wide range of abilities and aptitudes including:
1. Designing excellent content of value to your specific audience
2. Delivering that content in a way that makes it easy to follow
3. Managing nervousness so that it doesn’t sabotage your delivery
4. Handling questions and other audience interaction
5. Designing engaging visual support such as PowerPoint.
Nail that Presentation focuses on #1 – designing excellent content (with some bonus material on #5).
It is the easiest part of the presentation skills package to change and it’s usually the one that makes to most difference to how effective you are perceived as a speaker.
There are many errors that beginner and experienced presenters alike make when designing their content. They include:
- confusing their knowledge with presentation content
- having no clear overarching theme
- trying to cover too much
- bombarding the audience with opinions and facts
- using dull or overly complex backup material.
Nail that Presentation will not only ensure you don’t make these mistakes, it will help design content that is perceived and relevant and valuable.