Choose a course to suit you - join a public course, group training, one on one or a customised course for your team.
Your choice of individual or team training
Join a public workshop, or we can customise a course for your next team event, hui, or away day
Our most popular course, over 2 days our Effective Speaker presentation skills workshop will take you from competent communicator to compelling leader. Run regularly in Auckland, Christchurch and Wellington.
A fun and practical introduction to business presenting that will set the foundations for you to become a credible and confident business presenter.
An advanced presentation skills workshop focused on your individual communication needs.
For your next Team Hui, Away Day or Leadership Workshop, we can run a practical, fun and useful session on presentation skills that the whole team will find valuable.
Train at your own pace
Coming in December 2023 – Learn our proven system and techniques to make you a more effective, confident and compelling speaker, through our online course offerings.
Learn at your own pace, with support from our trainers, through videos, exercises and an interactive workbook.
Get in touch to be put on our mailing list.
Frequently Asked Questions
What types of organisations do you train?
What is your cancellation policy?
For public workshops:Cancelling 21+ days from the event will result in a credited ticket for the next Effective Speaker event in the same city. Cancelling 7 – 20 days from the event will result in a credited ticket for the next Effective Speaker event, however, a penalty fee of 50% of the original ticket price will be incurred – No refund or credit will be given if a cancellation occurs up to and including 6 days prior to the event.
For Group Training:Once the dates for a course are confirmed, we will turn down other booking requests for those dates. We understand circumstances may change and you may have to postpone or cancel this course. We will endeavour to be flexible to meet your needs. We reserve the right to charge the following should the course dates be changed or the course cancelled: Up to 6 weeks before the course – any actual expenses incurred.Between 6 weeks and 2 weeks before the scheduled dates – 50% of the course fee and any actual expenses incurred. 2 weeks before the scheduled dates – full payment of the course fee and any actual expenses incurred.
What does your course fee cover?
For Public Workshops:
- Your course fee covers all materials and include refreshments and lunch.
- You need to pay in full before you can attend the course.
- Cancellation/change fees apply.
- We reserve the right to cancel the course for any reason.
- Should the course be cancelled your fee will be promptly repaid in full.
- This will be the limit of Effective Speaking’s liability.
For Group training bookings:
- Pre-course on-line training needs analysis for each participant – this enables us to fine-tune the course according to participants needs.
- 70 page presentation skills workbook – “How to design and deliver a presentation with confidence” in both hard copy and digital format.
- On-going free access to advice and personal follow-up from Effective Speaking trainers via phone and email.
- On-line post-course evaluation – consolidated report to be provided to you.
- Post-course “Presentation Tips” email course.
NOTE: Group Training Course fee does not include:
- Venue hire where necessary.
- Catering and refreshments.
- Pricing does not include NZ GST.
- Trainer Travel and accommodation expenses if booked outside of the Greater Wellington region.